new guinea volunteer rifles & papua new guinea volunteer rifles ex-members association
Per aNgusta ad augusta (through trials to triumph)
Last modified - 13 October 2019
1. Read the story about how PNGVR was formed. An extremely interesting history. See "History"
2. More photos added especially to Unit Photos
3. A rearrangement of the NGVR photos with some added. Look in "History"
4. The October edition of HTT added.
5. ANZAC Day photos added here....
6. Read Bob Harvey Hall's A Coy Reunion speech here...
7. Order form for Bob Harvey-Hall's book PNGVR a History 1950 - 1973 added here...
8. Read the Carry over from Field Dinners here.
9. Montevideo Maru 2019 article and photos added here
The PNGVR was an Australian CMF unit always commanded by a regular Army officer. There were 13 commanding officers from 1950 to 1973. PNGVR and NGVR were the only Australian volunteer Army Reserve units which were formed, served and disbanded overseas. They were at all times in the Australian Army Order of Battle, that is, they were front line units and were on continuous overseas service.