The Regimental Badge
The badge shown above is the PNGVR Beret/Cap/Hat badge. The crossed rifles represent the .303 Short Magazine Lee Enfield (SMLE) rifle carried by the NGVR during WWII and by the PNGVR from its formation in 1951 until replaced by the 7.62mm Self Loading Rifle in 1961.
The crown above the rifles is the Windsor Crown. The blue felt patch refers to the Unit Citation and is thought to have been instigated by Harry Green.
LTCOL Norman McLeod, the first Commanding Officer of the PNGVR, gave NG445 COL WM (Bill) Edwards MBE, Commanding Officer of the NGVR 1941-43, the job of selecting the PNGVR badge from several designs. The name of the person who designed the badge is not known.